Friday, September 10, 2010

SharePoint 2010 List View Differences

In the course of upgrading my farm from 2007 to 2010, one of the differences I've encountered is in the List View webpart.

In my 2007 farm, I have several List Views that are filtered by user. Basically they are designed to show only 360 Reviews by others of myself; whereas the list contains all employee reviews.

This is what it looks like in SharePoint 2007:









After upgrading to 2010, this is what it looked like:














After doing a little digging, I determined that this error was caused by the Ajax settings in the new list view. I edited the webpart and enabled the two settings below:

























At this point, the List View displayed the data properly, but the style was different:









I checked the Style settings by editing the current list view, and I verified that the webpart was set to use the "Document Details" on both the 2007 farm and the 2010 farm. Evidently, the "Document Details" style behaves differently in 2010 than it does in 2007. I also made sure the default setting of "collapsed" was selected.

A little experimentation showed that if I set the list view to use the "Default" style, the webpart displayed  as I wanted, as shown below:




No comments:

Post a Comment